Chrome is a web browser designed to be fast and built for the modern web. Browse with Chrome on your computer, tablet, or mobile device. Stay safe online with built-in security and privacy features. Sign in to your Google account to sync Chrome bookmarks, browsing history, extensions, and settings to your devices.
Getting Started in the Classroom
Three common scenarios teachers come across each day……
Gain access to all of your educational bookmarks, apps, and extensions with Chrome on computers, tablets, and mobile devices.
Use tools that are accessible across devices, even in a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) environment.
Use Chrome extensions to simplify learning tasks like creating tutorials and editing images.
Features and Benefits
The Chrome browser is available for almost any device, making it a great choice for Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) initiatives.
When you sign in to Chrome with your Google account, your browsing history, bookmarks, Chrome apps, extensions, and settings are automatically synchronized. Students can have the same web browsing experience whether they are at school, traveling, or at home, and on any device. This helps enable anytime, anywhere, and any device learning.
Chrome for Education offers more than 100 administrative policies to tailor the browser experience and features for different groups of users. Using cloud-based management, Google Apps administrators can assign web apps, extensions, and bookmarks to students.
Here are some advantages of browsing with Chrome for students and educators:
- Google Search automatically provides recommendations that appear as you type
- Experience fast response from educational apps with support for the latest web technologies
- Open and browse multiple sites at once with tabbed browsing
- Sync open tabs, bookmarks, and omnibox data from your computer to your phone or tablet with a Google account
- Browse safely with automatic updates, built-in malware protection, and privacy settings