Password Reset Options
Faculty and staff can get a new password by creating a ticket via the Service Desk
Password Considerations & Special Requirements
- Some IT services may have specific requirements for your password to ensure you are able to successfully access the system, as noted below.
- In order to login to RRISD and the administrative systems, your password must contain 8 Characters Minimum.
Passwords must adhere to the following rules:
- Start with a letter
- Include in your password at least one character from no less than three of the following character classes:
- Lowercase letters (lowercase)
- Uppercase letters (UPPERCASE)
- Digits (0-9)
- Punctuation/symbols ($, # , _)
- If using symbols, only $, #, and _ are acceptable as some systems accept only these characters. Do not start your password with a symbol.
- If problems persist, please contact your departmental ITS support staff or the Help Desk at 512-464-5167.
Change Your Windows Machine Password
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del and select Change a Password…
I tried to log on, but I keep getting a message telling me that the user name or password is incorrect.
Here are several possible solutions to fix this problem:
CAPS LOCK might be on.
- Passwords in Windows are case-sensitive, which means that every time you type your password, you have to capitalize each letter in exactly the same way that you did when you first created it. If you have accidentally pressed CAPS LOCK, then you’re inadvertently typing your password in all capital letters. Make sure CAPS LOCK is off, and then type your password again.
You might be typing the wrong password.
- If you can’t remember your password, you need to reset your password, contact an ITS or the IT Help Desk.
You might be trying to log on to the wrong user account
- If you have more than one user account on the computer, make sure you’re logging on to the account that matches the password you’re using.
If you need to access Round Rock ISD information and files from outside of the District network, you will need to request remote VPN access.
Virtual Private Network (VPN) extends Round Rock ISD network access across a public network, while benefiting from the functionality, security and management policies of the private network.
To Request Access, submit a ticket to the Service Desk.
- Download the FortiClient application specific to your Operating System.
- Launch the FortiClient Installer
- Verify “Secure Remote Access” is checked.
- Accept all default for the rest of the installation.
- Launch the FortiClient application.
- Select “Remote Access”.
- Click the “Configure VPN” link.
- Enter “Round Rock ISD – VPN” in the “Connection Name” field.
- Enter “vpn.roundrockisd.org” for the “Remote Gateway” field.
- Check the “Customize port” checkbox.
- Enter “10443” for for the custom port.
- Click “Save”
- Enter username and password and then click the “Connect” button.