Technology and Information Services provides professional services designed to facilitate the use of technology by District users. We provide specialized technology-oriented solutions by combining the processes and functions of software, hardware, networks, and telecommunications to make Round Rock ISD a world-class District.
Our Technology Infrastructure team supports all the hardware for the district, including system servers, databases, computers, projectors, cameras, networking access points, wireless, VPN, data and internet security, and so much more.
Our Information Services team supports our application software, such as eSchoolPlus student information system and Tyler Munis business system. We manage data between the district and vendor applications, create reports for district and campus users, provide programming support, and new application rollouts.
Technology and Information Services: Teamwork
Technology Infrastructure: Transparent
Information Services: Committed
Reference Book: One Word that will change your life, by Jon Gordon, Dan Britton, and Jimmy Page
The vision of the Technology & Information Services department is to deliver world class service and support to the students, teachers, administrative staff, and the community of Round Rock ISD.
We will provide exceptional services and solutions that enhance the student learning experience through continued innovation.
Key Projects for 2019-2020
- Support Equity and Safety & Security Initiatives
- Efficiency Audits
- Critical Application Continuity
- Bond 2018 Technology and Safety and Security Initiatives
- Asset Management
- IT Network Infrastructure Roadmap
- eSchoolPlus–19.11 Upgrade
- DecisionEd DW–Leadership and Human Resource Components
- Locally Developed Applications-Supporting Business ERP Upgrade
- Student Transfer Application–Version 2
- Interoperability Standards Initiative
- School Communications System (Blackboard Rollout)–Data Support
- Incident Response Plan
- Cybersecurity Roadmap
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan
- Technical Enhancements
- Provide ongoing support for and continuously improve upon IT services delivered throughout the district.
- Develop procedures for managing technology changes and for minimizing service disruption.
- Ensure high availability of the district’s network and application infrastructure, maintaining integrity and cost efficiencies in the delivery of operations and support services.
- Protect district information and continue to promote online safety practices to students and employees.
- Continue to mature cybersecurity technical controls and develop cybersecurity governance plan to address risk and compliance with key stakeholders.
Round Rock ISD Technology Center
7700 Cornerwood Drive
Austin, TX 78717
Help Desk Phone Support:
(512) 464-5167 – Technology
(512) 464-5142 – Info Svcs
Help Desk Online Support:
Service Desk request
Help Desk Hours:
Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. – Technology Infrastructure
Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. – Information Services